Thursday, March 27, 2014

Field

 Van Gogh
 http://www.chinaoilpaintinggallery.com/oilpainting/Vincent-van-Gogh/A-Field-of-Yellow-Flowers.jpg

"Field"

By: Lauren Laguna

I've got a wandering eye and a soul searching gaze,
But no one stands out in the crowd.

Like a flower field; all so pretty, all so the same.
Faces pass by, yellow petals touch the sky.

Why can't I see it there?
The difference that makes you fair?

You look the same.
Yellow petals in your frame.

But, you seem so right in some other ways.
Should I change the way I gaze?

Change the perspective and
Change my mind?

Walking through the sea, yellow petals brushing me,
Trying not to crush them or block their sun.

I'm just passing by and passing through.
I saw you for a moment, standing out amidst the crowd.

Your petals white as cotton,
Covered in dew that caught the light.

Then clouds rolled in,
The sun went down.

My time in the field was run down.

There was the difference I had wanted so much to see,
But flowers wait for no one.

They fade before me.
Yellow petals touch the sky.

All so pretty, all so the same.
Faces pass, but yours still remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment